Quick View Christmas Menus:
There’s so much on offer, we’ve put together a little guide to the types of events on offer over Christmas 2014. Remember to keep checking our social media and website for new additions over the next few months.
Festive Dinners and Lunches
Most restaurants will offer some kind of festive menu around the month of December, and there’s usually plenty of deals and offers for them too. These kind of dinners are absolutely perfect for festive dining on a budget with most restaurants offering the meals as part of a set menu.
There are lots of dinners to choose from, just by searching for offers by your area on Go dine, but here’s a few of our favourites:
- Restaurant Zest (Derby) have 4 festive dinner and lunch options available, starting from only £10.95. They’re great for healthy options, vegetarians and special dietary requirements, so booking for a group will be a breeze.
- Altro Mondo (Leicester) are a brilliant choice if you want to celebrate but don’t fancy a roast. For just £19.95 per person you’ll be treated to a 4 course Italian feast this December. Beautiful!
- Fothergills (Nottingham) is offering a 3 course Christmas menu for only £18.95 with plenty of festive dishes and wintery delights to choose from. Book in advance as city centre options are very popular.
Top-tip: Pay attention to the T&Cs of each offer. Some days are more expensive than others, so book early and grab the cheaper slots.
Perfect for: Students, groups of friends, casual diners and bargain lovers
Parties, Galas and Discos
If just a dinner is too tame for you, look out for the glitz and glam of the parties, galas and discos that many restaurants will be hosting from November through to the New Year. From 20’s themed get-togethers to black tie events, there’s a lot of fun to be had – but you need to book, as these events are usually strictly tickets only.
As usual, there are many available on Go dine, and you’ll see more and more added over the coming months, but we’ve put together some of the hottest parties announced for Christmas 2014 so far so you can get booking:
- The Brasserie Restaurant (Derby)are putting on a wonderful show at their black tie gala dinner on New Year’s Eve. You’ll be greeted with a glass of sparkling wine on arrival and then be treated to a 5 course meal in their gorgeous Garden Room. Included in the price of £89.50 per person, their resident DJ will be playing until midnight when the piper will see in the New Year.
- The Queens Head Inn (Peterborough)has a whopping nine separate Christmas deals on this year, but the real eye-catchers are the 70s & 80s Christmas Party Nights. Including a 3 course meal from their Christmas Fayre Menu (also a great festive dinner option), the parties cost just £30 a head and include an all-night evening disco with the best of the 70s and 80s. Fancy dress is optional, of course, but go on, it’s Christmas!
Top-tip: Be prepared to pay a deposit to keep your place at events like these. Usually restaurants ask for around £10 per head to guarantee your place.
Perfect for: People that love a bit of glamour, party-animals, Christmas fanatics
On the Day
They’re some of the most fun days of the year, but if you’re in the kitchen they can also be the most stressful. Take a year off and book up a restaurant for one of the big ones, with tons of restaurants offering a wonderful of meals on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day. Table service and no washing up? Get booking quickly.
There are so many restaurants offering dinners over the peak of the festive season, but here’s a few we know will be booked up soon. So, if you’re thinking about any of these places, it’ll be best to organise it now:
- Loch Fyne (Sheffield) has a stunning 4 course Christmas Day menu for only £54.95 per person. Choose from an extensive set menu which offers everything from a classic turkey roast to a whole grilled British Lemon sole. This is also available in their Nottingham and Leeds restaurants – with children’s options starting from just £9.95.
- The Restaurant and Bar (Kettering Park Hotel, Kettering) is offering a luxurious 5 course Christmas Day lunch for just £96 per person. It includes champagne, canapés, fresh tea/coffee and homemade mince pies and nuts. It’s the perfect indulgence for Christmas and you’ll be treated like a star. It’s particularly great for families, as children under 5 go free and children under 14 get a present from Santa.
- The Dakota Grill (Nottingham) is perfect for budget dining on Christmas Day. It’s only £49.95 for a 3 course meal followed by fresh coffee and mince pies. Children under 12 eat free and receive a present – meaning a truly special day for a cut price. Booking in advance is essential, as it’s bound to fill up quick.
Top-tip: Take a look around for places offering little bonuses to make your day special, such as a free glass of fizz, a present for the little ones or plenty of mince pies.
Perfect for: Busy families, disastrous cooks and anyone that needs a break
Don’t limit yourself to just these restaurants though, there are HUNDREDS of restaurants across the East Midlands and Yorkshire that are offering all sorts of Christmas packages over the festive season. Search Go dine by offers, choose your area and select ‘Christmas’ to find Christmas menus near you – and keep checking up on us, as we’re adding more every day.