If you’re getting bored of the thought of turkey and Yorkshires already, this guide is perfect for you. We’ve put together some of the best places to eat in the East Midlands that are serving something a little different this festive season. There’s plenty more on our website too, just click on the Christmas tab and you’re away.
- Anoki (Nottingham, Derby and Burton) – one of the most popular families of Indian restaurants in the East Midlands, Anoki has a gorgeous festive menu offering everyone’s favourites in a taster menu, such as chicken Makani, Lamb Haandi, Bombay Aloo and more. Have a bit of it all for just £22.85 per person.
- Curry Lounge (Nottingham) – a stunning and award-winning restaurant, the Curry Lounge is offering a fabulous 3 course festive meal for just £18.95 per person. If you can get there early, book for a table before 7pm and get the same offer for just £15.95.
- Mogal-E-Azam (Nottingham) – probably one of the most generous Christmas deals around, Mogal-E-Azam is a fantastic restaurant offering a 5 course festive meal for just £18.95. Book it through Go dine and you’ll get a free glass of wine or soft drink per person too.
- Arias Italian (Leeds) – treat yourself to a taste of Italy with a 2 course meal at Arias Italian for £24.95 per person. Tru the pan fried sword fish with chilies and lemon for a Mediterranean festive feast.
- Rossi’s (Sheffield) – with a varied set menu full of authentic Italian treats, Rossi’s is the perfect place for an Italian festive treat with 3 courses plus coffee for £22.95 per person.
- La Torre (Coalville) – a beautiful, stylish and modern Italian restaurant, La Torre is offering a beautifully cooked 3 course meal plus coffee for £26.95 per person. Try the Penne alla Norma for a delicious pasta dish.
- Casa Romana (Leicester) – known as the oldest Italian restaurant in the city, for £25 per person Casa Romana is cooking up a stunning Christmas meal including beautiful options such as Aubergines Parmigiana and Roulade of Pork.
- Altro Mondo (Leicester) – a lovely Italian restaurant in the heart of the city, Altro Mondo is offering a gorgeous 4 course meal for the very competitive price of £19.95 per person.
- GianBiaz (Northampton) – an Italian with a truly inviting interior, there’s no better place to enjoy an Italian festive feast in Northampton, offering a delicious 3 course meal for £25.95 per person.
- Iberico World Tapas (Nottingham and Derby) – consistently proving themselves to be two of the highest rated restaurants in the East Midlands, Iberico World Tapas is offering a festive set party menu for £29.50 per person. Enjoy a bit of everything for a wide selection of Spanish tapas favourites.
- La Tasca (Leeds) – choose from either a 2 course meal for £14.95 or 3 course for £19.95 per person and be spoiled for choice as you’re presented with a banquet of gorgeous Spanish tapas.
- Cubana (Sheffield) – there’s a beautifully put together tapas menu available over Christmas, offering 10 tapas dishes for £14.50 per person, with lots of variety for vegetarians too.
- Soul Kitchen at The Wardobe (Leeds) – not quite tapas in the traditional sense, but a fantastic menu with 15 traditional Christmas foods for everyone to get stuck into, only £24.50 per person.
- Zing Vaa (Sheffield) – celebrate the festive season with a feast of Chinese cuisine for just £18.50 per person. From sizzling beef fillet with champagne sauce to crispy garlic king prawns, all the favourites are there, making it the ideal place for that work meal.
- Frank’s Handburger House (Northampton) – informal and fun, Frank’s Handburger House is offering a no-fuss menu for the festive season, costing just £15 per head for 3 courses. Go spicy with a plate of nachos to share or indulge in their take on a Christmas dinner – the White’s Wonderland, a bubble and squeak burger topped with mustard mayonnaise and a fried egg.
- Loch Fyne (Sheffield, Leeds and Nottingham) – if you’d prefer a beautiful fish dinner rather than a roast, try Loch Fyne’s Christmas menu. As one of the most popular restaurants Go dine lists, their 3 course menu for only £21.95 is a steal.
- Mobius (Leicester) – a Mediterranean restaurant with a strong Greek influence, Mobius are offering a great 3 course meal for £17.50 per person. Try the Gemista for a beautiful vegetarian dish.
- Dalyan (Nottingham) – one of the top places in Nottingham for Turkish cuisine, book up Dalyan’s gorgeous 3 course festive menu starting at £13.50 per person. Order the Guvec for a great traditional lamb and vegetable dish.
- Emilios (Nottingham) – a fantastic Greek restaurant in Arnold, Emilios is offering a 3 course meal for £25.90 per person, including Greek favourites such as Kleftiko or Haloumi with Lounza.
None of these alternative Christmas menus tickle your fancy? Take a look at the Go dine website for a comprehensive guide to Christmas menus in your area, with plenty of offers to take advantage of too: