Leeds is a city rich in restaurants, and we have lots of favourites! Right now, we’re focusing on the best British restaurants Leeds has to offer, so read on for the best offers, reviews and places to try in Leeds city centre. If you’d like to explore for yourself, click here for all of our British restaurants in Leeds, or head to top rated and offers.
The Faversham is a goregous British restaurant in the centre of the city, located on Leeds University premesis. The high-quality food is well complemented by the fact that, when you book through us, you can get a fantastic 30% off your meal!
- Perfect for: Weekday catchups with friends
- What to order: Portobello mushroom and root vegetable burger with hand-cut chips
There’s something ever so special about posh department stores, and the luxury goods on offer reflect the high-quality dishes served in the restaurant on the fourth floor. Pop in for afternoon tea or a delicious a la carte meal.
- Perfect for: An anniversary or birthday meal
- What to order: Roast Beverley duck breast with fig, celeriac puree, spinach and confit leg tart tatin
Whether you’re looking for a decent Sunday lunch, or somewhere to go enjoy a pint and a well-crafted pub classic, the Cross Keys pub is perfect for you. Try one of their craft beers before settling in for a warming, hearty meal.
- Perfect for: Family dinners on cold winter nights
- What to order: Pollock, salmon and tarragon fish pie
If you want a crowd-pleaser on a big night out, whether you’re heading out for an office Christmas meal or a big birthday bash, try Shears Yard. The spacious, modern restaurant is cool without being too avant-garde, and will be a hit with all ages and tastes.
- Perfect for: Lively celebrations and big events
- What to order: Pressed pork belly with fennel and chilli black pudding
British food doesn’t just mean meat and two veg. Although the interior of the New Conservator is stylishly classic, the menu offers anything from chilli beef nachos, to pie and chips, all the way to a red Thai chicken curry. Celebrate these uniquely Anglicized versions of non-native dishes, and enjoy a menu that represents the best of everything!
- Perfect for: Something different and casual, followed by a few drinks
- Dish to try: Veggie brunch (sausages, hash browns, and all the full English classics, served all day!)
Which of our top picks looks the best to you? Let us know if your favourite is missing, we love finding new hotspots! Just comment down below.