The wine cellar from where 15 people enjoyed £128,000 of booze over diner!
Served at the Dome restaurant in Bangkok, Thailand, the World’s most expensive meal came in at around £150,000 during February 2007. The 15 diners at the meal were gaming and property moguls from America and Asia who elected to fly in six of the best chefs from France, Germany and Italy. The food bill itself came in at around £22,000 (excluding tip and tax) and the wine, which included a rare bottle of from the Rothschild estate cost around £128,000. Numerous bottles of champagne and cognacs were also available by the gallon with diners enjoy the best food and drink in the world.
The food menu on the night:
– Crème brûlée of foie gras with Tonga beans
– Tartar of Kobe beef with Imperial Beluga caviar and Belons oyster
– Mousseline of pattes rouges crayfish with morel mushroom infusion
– Tarte Fine with scallops and black truffle
– Lobster Osso Buczco
– Ravioli with guinea fowl and burrata cheese, veal reduction
– Saddle of lamb “Léonel”- Sorbet “Dom Pérignon”
– Supreme of pigeon en croute with cèpes mushroom sauce and cipollottiVeal cheeks with Périgord truffles
– Imperial gingerbread pyramid with caramel and salted butter ice-cream
In the mood for fine dining? View the best fine dining restaurants in Nottingham.